- Q: When I try to open LAPSE view, nothing happens. What should I do?
A: Open the Error view in Eclipse and look for messages. See the next question.
- Q: I am getting an error message about generics when opening a LAPSE view. What gives?
A: Make sure your machine is configured to use Java 1.5. To do so, go into Eclipse Help|About|Configuration details and check what the -vm parameter refers to. Ensure that it's a 1.5 or later VM that is being referenced.
- Q: No sources or sinks are shown. Why is that?
A: Make sure you have at least one properly configured Java Web application project opened in Eclipse.
- Q: The search for sources/sinks is taking to long. Can I terminate it?
A: Sure; switch to the processes view in Eclipse and cancel the task.
- Q: I really like LAPSE. Can I put a link to it on my site?
A: Sure. Use the code below to get the following button: :
<a href="http://suif.stanford.edu/~livshits/work/lapse/"><img src="lapse-tested.png" BORDER=0></a>Make sure you download and save the button image first.
- Q: Nothing happens when I look for sources/sinks. What should I do?
A: Make sure that LAPSE is working propertly by testing it on a sample file first.